to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AMS Migration

Level 1

Hi,

Is there any documentation or white paper available on public domain or on partner solution portal about the basic steps to be taken for a customer to move from custom AWS to Adobe Managed Service?

Sure, we need to understand specific details in a discussion mode with Adobe, but just for preparation to have a meaningful discussion, I am searching for such documentation.

Thanks

Joydeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

On a high level, you should prepare for the following:

- Migration strategy

- Security

- IDP/LDAP

A couple of useful links:

Adobe Experience Manager Managed Services | Product Description

https://www.albinsblog.com/2018/09/adobe-experience-manageraemon-premises-to-AMS-cloud.html#.XMiDNBP...

Employee

AWS does support AMI / EBS sharing so theoretically you could pass an image to an AMS AWS account. I don't speak for AMS so I'm unaware their specific processes for helping migrate an on-premise deployment to their managed infrastructure. 

In the traditional sense of migrating servers essentially you need to move crx-quickstart / segmentstore / datastore directories from the origin server to the new server and stand it back up, making the necessary IP/PORT changes for replication agents, scd, dispatcher etc.

Side note : newly provisioned AMS instances are likely on Azure, and not necessarily AWS.