Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM Designer 6.5 and PDF 2.0 (ISO 32000-2)

Sonic42
Level 1
Level 1

This may be a bit of a basic question but I have been searching for hours and I am yet to find a simple answer to this question.

I understand that when using AEM Desginer I am creating XFA based forms that are now depreciated in the ISO 32000-2 standard.

What I would like to know, is if there is any method to create an ISO 32000-2 (PDF 2.0) compliant fillable form using AEM Forms/AEM Designer, or am I pooched and I need to use a seperate software to do so.

1 Accepted Solution
berliant
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

AEM Forms Designer doesn’t make ‘regular’ PDF’. The designer makes XFA-based PDF’s and only Acrobat/Reader can open them. So, AEM Forms Designer cannot produce PDF 2.0

View solution in original post

3 Replies
berliant
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

AEM Forms Designer doesn’t make ‘regular’ PDF’. The designer makes XFA-based PDF’s and only Acrobat/Reader can open them. So, AEM Forms Designer cannot produce PDF 2.0

View solution in original post

Sonic42
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you for that confirmation. Another question I have relates to adaptive HTML 5 forms built using AEM Forms (Not AEM Designer). If someone fills out an adaptive form with their web browser and I have it set to create a PDF document of record once the online form is completed, I am assuming that PDF would include XFA language?