Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

AEM: Customize emulators in layout mode | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM: Customize emulators in layout mode by Theo Pendle

Abstract

As a developer I have a confession to make: I don’t actually care about real device dimensions, I’m only concerned about @media() queries… #sorrynotsorry. So Iwas pleasantly surprised when AEM authors came to tell me that they didn’t either.

If you’ve ever used the AEM Page Editor and the Layout mode, you’ll be familiar with the default breakpoints and emulators offered OOTB by AEM

The problem with these default settings is that they require an author to use multiple emulators in multiple orientations in order to reach every breakpoint. For example in the image above, how do you test the Tablet breakpoint? The iPad is too small and the Desktop is too large.
Well you have to click on the Device Rotation button (in red) to get the iPad in Landscape orientation and then click the button again when you’re done to go back to Portrait orientation.

Read Full Blog

AEM: Customize emulators in layout mode

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies