I am looking for feature that exactly mentioned in the following idea(AEM Account Lockout feature request ).
How can this be enabled in the login ?
Note: If it helps, the normal users are already been implemented with SSO, its only the privileged accounts who doesn't follow SSO.
Appreciate your feedback.
You can work with AEM logs,
Various log files are held on the file server where you installed AEM: <cq-installation-dir>/crx-quickstart/logs
You can write custom service and can do the intended actions.
Thanks for the reply everyone.
Sure i could do little more research on how can i achieve my goal by writing a custom service code through AEM logs. And, I will also open a daycare ticket with the details in it for further resolutions.
There is no OOTB solution for this but you can use below approach, just one of the suggestions
1. you can override /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp
2. Check the return error message if it is type "User name and password do not match"
3. Use Subservice user to add property retry count to user e.g. /home/users/9/9KPNdPFkWv38m6MN1d5K
4. Check if user already reached limit show account lock message
5. If user successfully login remove retry property or reset
6. Create a page from where admin can remove rerty property from user to unlock account
7. Keep few users out of this like admin and others to avoid unintended lockout or create an utility to remove retry property.
Really Appreciate Anil for your suggestion. If there is nothing OOTB and needed to implement this with custom code and i would be willing to.
I am not an expert and would welcome others to pitch in if they have any other ideas. Obviously, would prefer with minimal changes with out impacting the existing workflows to minimize risks.