Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 Landing pages / Design Importer

kimonp31365843
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

One of (imho) underrated features of AEM is the so-called landing pages/design importer. However, reading the AEM 6.5 documentation it is clear that the feature will be deprecated (if it is not considered such already).

Questions on my side:

1. Is there any alternative to this feature (without requiring building from scratch of course)?
  2. If it's not to be deprecated, are there any plans to improve/build further and have AEMaaCS support?

Kind regards,

K

AEM AEM 6.5 Design Importer Landing Pages
1 Accepted Solution
jbrar
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

From what I can check internally, this has been replaced by A default site template[1] that is available out-of-the-box and that defines a theme for the Core Components and a set of corresponding templates that can be used to generate a new site from the Create Site Wizard. This default site template will also serve as a reference for further more use-case-specific site templates that web agencies can create with the Simplified Frontend Workflow.

[1] https://github.com/adobe/aem-site-template-basic

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jbrar
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

From what I can check internally, this has been replaced by A default site template[1] that is available out-of-the-box and that defines a theme for the Core Components and a set of corresponding templates that can be used to generate a new site from the Create Site Wizard. This default site template will also serve as a reference for further more use-case-specific site templates that web agencies can create with the Simplified Frontend Workflow.

[1] https://github.com/adobe/aem-site-template-basic

View solution in original post

kimonp31365843
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @jbrar, thanks for your reply; is there something similar for AMS-hosted (or even on-prem) versions of AEM? Or in these cases you'd continue using the landing page as provided in the documentation I attached?