Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 - Unlocking a page

Level 1

Hello All,

Based on documentation, it seems like a page locked by a user can either be unlocked by same user or by an administrator.[1]

Is there a way to allow group of users (who do not have administrative privileges) have this facility?

Thanks

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/page-authoring/editing-content.html#Locking a Page - Classic UI

"Locking a page should be used with care as the only person who can unlock a page is the person who locked it (or an account with administrator privileges)."

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Jitendra,

Some of the use cases like. Power users from content authors feel they need to have ability to unlock the pages locked by other users (could be users are located in different time zones and an urgent change/publish required on that page.). Unless they are System Administrator they cannot unlock.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

Hi Shishank,

Yes, As Scott stated, there is no way of unlocking the pages from other groups.
Only administrator or a person who locked the page can only unlock the page.

~ Ratna.

Level 2

One option is create a custom utility and use admin session to unlock the page. You can access control this utility to the specific group.

Level 9

maruthid1@gmail.com wrote...

One option is create a custom utility and use admin session to unlock the page. You can access control this utility to the specific group.

I don't see any point in doing so. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Jitendra,

Some of the use cases like. Power users from content authors feel they need to have ability to unlock the pages locked by other users (could be users are located in different time zones and an urgent change/publish required on that page.). Unless they are System Administrator they cannot unlock.

Level 1

HI. In my local, I logged in as admin(part of administrator group). But Cant able to unlock of  asset which locked by other user.

Please let me know if I missed any thing. thanks.

-Venkat

Community Advisor

Hi Venkat,

you need to go to content explorer and admin will be able to unlock from there

http://localhost:4502/crx/explorer/browser/index.jsp

Arun Patidar

Level 2

can a page locked by one user be unlocked by other user?

Administrator

Locking a page can be performed when impersonating a user. However a page locked in this way can only then be unlocked as the user who was impersonated or a user with administrator privileges. Pages can not be unlocked by impersonating the user who locked the page.

Also, person who locked the page can unlock it. But, Admin user can do this.

See:- How to unlock a locked page

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

I mean, if we have custom admin group(except super administrator) who needs to unlock the page locked by author group. So what permissions we need to give to admin group to unlock?

Administrator

Unless System Administrator or actual user, no one cannot unlock it.

Kautuk Sahni