Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding custom metadata properties to assets - 6.3

Level 7

Hi,

I would like to add a custom metadata property to my assets.

I have seen the following documentation around metadata profiles:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/assets/using/metadata-profiles.html

This seemed promising but doesn't seem to add the properties to UI when viewing the properties of an asset.

Is there a way to add custom field to an asset so that is viewable/amendable by authors?

Thanks,

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The link you mentioned says

Note:

Adding a default value to a new metadata property (which doesn't exist already at the ./jcr:content/metadata node) does not display the property and its value on the asset's Properties page by default. To view the new property on the assets's Properties page, modify the corresponding schema form.

I believe you would need to add the new property to existing/new schema forms and apply that metadata profile to specific assets folder, it would certainly be available for the authors to view/edit.

Metadata Schemas

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The link you mentioned says

Note:

Adding a default value to a new metadata property (which doesn't exist already at the ./jcr:content/metadata node) does not display the property and its value on the asset's Properties page by default. To view the new property on the assets's Properties page, modify the corresponding schema form.

I believe you would need to add the new property to existing/new schema forms and apply that metadata profile to specific assets folder, it would certainly be available for the authors to view/edit.

Metadata Schemas

Level 7

Whoops, missed that bit! Thanks for your quick response.

Thanks,

James