Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

social share icon disappear

Level 2

i'm doing something wrong or social share icon disappear?

i've created the app and checked the "enable social sharing" box.

usually it worked... but not anymore, after last DPS update.

should i do something else?

thanks in advance!

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Social sharing is an iOS-only feature and it works from a distribution app, not a preflight app.

So no sharing in DPS Preflight, a custom preflight app, and on neither Android nor Windows.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 6

Is this a previewed app in Adobe Preflight?

Is it a custom previewed app?

Is it a live app?

Is this happening on iOS, Android, or Windows?

If you could provide a bit more information, it may be easier to figure out the solution to the problem you are having.

thanks!

Level 2

hi tommy, sorry, here they are:

- i can't test on iOS Adobe Preflight, i'm with the failure signature issue that some other users are talking about.

- it is a custom previewed app (made with developer mobile provision)

- as far as know, social share is only for iOS... it can be shared from any device?

thanks in advance!

Level 4

Having the same issue. My IOS preview app that has social sharing enabled on the build is not showing the share button in the top menu?

Any update on this?

Correct answer by
Level 6

Social sharing is an iOS-only feature and it works from a distribution app, not a preflight app.

So no sharing in DPS Preflight, a custom preflight app, and on neither Android nor Windows.

HTH

Employee

My highly placed sources say that this never should have worked on a preview app. The share icon should not show up in the preview app. If it did previously and it doesn't now then the previous behavior was a bug.  We do have a work item on the backlog to enable social sharing for preview apps but the ETA is still TBD.

Level 1

‌Colin, is there a way to test social sharing at all? I'd like to see what the messaging looks like before submitting the app for release. Is my only option to go live?