Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dual article orientation

Level 4

Hi guys - I've seen posts in the pasts where Adobe planning on releasing an update to DPS that allows a publisher to have two articles with two different orientations within one collection. e.g. Blue Collection can have Blue Article 1 in vertical orientation and Blue Article 2 in horizontal orientation. When is this update going to be released? I have a client who would like to use full page bleeds to exhibit his vertical and horizontal images and can't do that with the new DPS 2015 until this is released. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

No, that's not right. You can add portrait and landscape fixed-layout articles to the same collection, and they'll both display, but one will have severe letterboxing. And if you rotate the device, nothing will change. I believe the feature you're referring to would allow users to rotate the device to display the article in a different rotation, such as a landscape spreadsheet in a portrait app. That's not available yet.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Level 2

Thanks Collin! I know you say "may" but is there any approximate timeline when this will happen?

Level 6

Hey David -- The product managers set the timeline for development and I'm not allowed to guess, let alone divulge before they announce.