Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Clone, duplicate, or copy a Project

Level 4

I know there isn't any way to clone, duplicate, or copy a Project in the AEM Mobile portal. But I'm wondering if there is any way that Adobe can do this on the back end for a customer's account? I have a large customer that has created an app with complex content and layouts, and now they need to create a Dutch version of the app. The Dutch version will use the same layouts, cards, and rules, but some of the content will be different, thus the need for a second app and a second project.

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

I very much second this request! It's a very common scenario.

In our project the customer has complex Layout&Designs and we integrate with AEM.
To be able to test before production we want to set up a staging of (at least) PreProd and Prod projects on AEM Mobile cloud. This way we could test in a separate project and keep the production content clean.

@Adobe:
Could you please provide a way to copy configurations, layout&designs and others from one cloud project to another?

Cheers,

Matthias

Level 1

Agreed! We'd like to duplicate a project to keep the same content, but we'd like to play around with creating different layouts. It isn't feasible to upload the content again to a new project as there are many articles, etc.

A duplication feature would be a SUPER helpful tool!

Level 2

And again, here also painstakingly repeating various layout grid settings, copying scribbled numbers and all on notebooks, making mistakes (of course) and spending hours to do the most simple trick in the history of mankind and computerkind: COPY...

Level 6

If you write to CreSupp@Adobe.com, you can ask the for instructions to create a Project Copy.

Employee

Hey,

We have listened to your feedback and the possibility to copy layouts,cards,fonts across different projects will be soon available (with version 2017.3 set for month March)

Thanks,

Andrei P

Level 1

Has this been done?  If so, can you explain how to copy the Project?

Level 6

Yes, it has been done. See my note above.