Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Brand Image Question

Level 5

Can the Brand Image for the Menu be changed while the application is live or in preview mode without downloading and re-signing a new app?

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes. We'll refresh it when the reader visits one of the items in the top-level collection.

I'll note though that I don't think this is working quite right in the iOS app, and I need to ask the team to look at it. My demo app for this morning's launch isn't showing the image for some reason. Doh!

Neil

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes. We'll refresh it when the reader visits one of the items in the top-level collection.

I'll note though that I don't think this is working quite right in the iOS app, and I need to ask the team to look at it. My demo app for this morning's launch isn't showing the image for some reason. Doh!

Neil

Level 5

Ok Great! I am also testing this on IOS. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.

Thanks!

Jeff

Level 2

Hi,

is there any change for the brand image behavior here? I changed it in settings, rebuilt my app several times but the old one is still present ...

(please tell me I dont have to make another project )

Thanks

Employee

I would suggest creating a new thread with your issue (I don't know how to do that). That being said, if you remove the app and install it again are you seeing the updated icon?

Level 2

Thank you Nathan,

I did remove the app from ipad each time I downloaded and resigned unsigned app. Doing that I dont see the updated brand image but the old one.

I guess the thread will go up by itself

Level 6

Here's the behavior I isolated with Preflight-enabled apps built today (14 Oct):

- Upload a new brand image, click Save, and go to Contents & Layouts

- Click the Preflight button and allow the progress bar to finish.

On iOS: Force quit and relaunch the app to see the new brand image.

On Android: change views to trigger the Update message, update and you'll see the new brand image. N.B. I found that I had to click on an article or collection to go "one level further into the app" to get the update message rather than switch to another top-level item.

This was with preflight-enabled apps.

I did not need to delete and re-install any apps.

HTH;

Colin

Level 2

Thank you Colin,

it took some times but this morning the new brand image was here

Anyway... thanks again