Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

app showing different layout on iOS and android

Level 2

Hi have a project and create one app for iOS and one for android, both based on the same layout and cards, but the result are different for each platform.

I just rebuild the apps with the latest version 2015.3

this is the way it looks in iOS

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 09.52.49.png

and this is the way it looks in android

Screenshot_2015-08-26-09-27-33.png

this are the setting for the top card on the layout

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 09.55.21.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Andrei,

I have updated to the latest release and confirm that the layout now, is the same in iOS and android devices.

But the dps web dashboard, where you create the cards, it still preview the wrong layout, it similar to the wrong iOS version.  So it is difficult to design your card layout, because the preview is wrong.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Paolo,

you seem to be using a mix of different values (dip and %) in the Text Area Margins.

Using the Preview feature, can you put everything to 'dip' and publish again to see if that makes a difference ?

Level 2

Hi Christophe,

If I use dip my phone layout gets screwed, because the proportion to the font size is different on phones

Employee Advisor

I see the problem, it looks like one card layout doesn't seem to adapt to different devices + from what I can see on your screenshot, the aspect of the card layout you see in the preview is not maintained on device.

Neil Enns - Adobe‌ Have you seen this behaviour before?

Employee

Andrei is the expert in this stuff and he's on vacation at the moment. When he's back I'm sure he'll jump on this thread to provide guidance.

Neil

Employee

Hi Paolo,

Based on the settings you show, it actually seems that Android is rendering things correctly and there may be a bug in rendering this on iOS - specifically how the app handles percentages.

I will discuss with the iOS development team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Andrei

Level 2

Hi Andrei,

I agree with you, android seams to respect the percentage that I'v set on the manager, but also the manager show a preview more similar to the iOS render, so probably there are some bug there too.

Employee

Hi Paolo,

There was a bug that has been solved on the iOS viewer and a fix will be included in the next version scheduled to ship in a bit more than a week.

Regards,
Andrei

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Andrei,

I have updated to the latest release and confirm that the layout now, is the same in iOS and android devices.

But the dps web dashboard, where you create the cards, it still preview the wrong layout, it similar to the wrong iOS version.  So it is difficult to design your card layout, because the preview is wrong.

Employee

Hi paolo,

Great! We're also updating the dashboard soon.

Thanks,