Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

App crashes after splash screen

Level 2

Yesterday, my app was working fine. I finally decided to play around with using my own fonts and FINALLY got them to work properly. But right after that, my app just started crashing every time I open it. I get to the splash screen, then boom, it's down.

I've tried removing the fonts files and reloading the app, still not working.

I've tried creating a new app file and loading that. Same thing.

Any thoughts? I'm much more of a design person trying to build this without knowing too much code/technical stuff. Most importantly, I'm finally supposed to show it to my superiors today to figure out if we can budget this in for our publication.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like one of the card metadata values was modified to an unsupported format, which caused the crash. Removing that modified value and updating the content should address the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

I've asked the dev team to take a look to see what might be going on. I haven't seen this surface with other users.

Have you tried removing the app from your device, then installing again? If you try that are you still seeing the crash?

My immediate thought is this is potentially related to memory consumption, but if the app was working before that seems unlikely. I'll send you a private message with some info to help isolate what's going on.

Level 2

Yep. I've pulled off the app, then installed it again.

I did try loading it on my iPhone, too. Interesting part of that is it seemed to work UNTIL I moved content over to the iPhone collection so it would appear in the app.

Someone else suggested maybe updating my certificate. Not sure how you update it, but should I just try creating a new certificate and all that stuff from the quick start guide?

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like one of the card metadata values was modified to an unsupported format, which caused the crash. Removing that modified value and updating the content should address the problem.