Expand my Community achievements bar.

Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support in AEM

Level 1

Hi,

I'm cross-posting this question from the AEM forum:

Could someone please share best practices to implement accelerated mobile pages (AMP) within AEM.

1. is duplicate content an issue, or can the AMP and standard html pages share the same content?

2. is there a best way to set up redirects to AMP pages on mobile devices, or is that done automatically?

3. can one author edit both AMP and standard html pages in one go?

More information on AMP can be found here:

Accelerated Mobile Pages Project

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi

am trying to implement aem html pages into amp+aem html pages.

i have answer for your questions.Please correct me if any .

1. is duplicate content an issue, or can the AMP and standard html pages share the same content? =>yes You have to implement separate coding for amp pages.

2. is there a best way to set up redirects to AMP pages on mobile devices, or is that done automatically? => if you are using specific amp component/mobile pages My Answer is "automatically".Else you are using same component so that u have to access differently

3. can one author edit both AMP and standard html pages in one go? => If you are using same component for both amp and standard html ->yes you can author once and use for both. else you have to author .

Level 1

It must be frustrating for the Adobe Muse team... the application initially addressed mobile optimization with dedicated mobile content - mobile users were redirected to what is for all intents and purposes Accelerated Mobile. Google and others put pressure on the community to embrace responsive design ( and the huge compromises that go with it) After a monumental effort to encompass Responsive sites, Google seems to be implementing what is essentially the original Dedicated Mobile (or AMP) solution that Muse had from the beginning.

We look to Adobe to help us unravel the best practices here... should we be developing sites that are both responsive AND dedicated mobile??  It seems it could be done with the application - and may be a huge advantage to the architecture of Muse.

Level 2
Can anyone who has worked with AMP forms with AEM help me with this issue: