Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mobile IOS SDK Privacy Status

Level 2

Hi

I am Adobe certified expert trying to install SDK 4 to 2 clients. SDK4 is new and unfortunately there is not enough documentation explaining all the new stuff in HELP. I know JavaScript but I don't know mobile development and when I show these requirements to mobile developers they also don't understand it. There are no examples of the possible values of the variables. There is only syntax, this makes our life very hard.

I am going to post some of my questions here with hope getting some answers.

My first question is:

1-What is Privacy Status and PrivacyDefault. First of all I want to understand what are they doing? and why there are 2 different variables which looks like doing the same thing

2-LifetimeValue: It is not clear what we need to do here

Returns the lifetime value of the current user.

Default: 0

NSDecimalNumber *lifeValue = [ADBMobile lifetimeValue];

thanks

thanks for the help

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1.To find of the documentation for developers you need to go there : 

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/index.html#Developer

2.The docuementation for IOS SDK 4.x can be found here : microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/mobile/ios/#iOS_SDK_4x_for_Marketing_Cloud_Solutions

3.Questions :

1-What is Privacy Status and PrivacyDefault. First of all I want to understand what are they doing? and why there are 2 different variables which looks like doing the same thing

privacyStatus (http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/mobile/ios/#ADBMobile_Class_and_Method_Reference):

Returns the enum representation of the privacy status for current user.

• ADBMobilePrivacyStatusOptIn - hits are sent immediately.
  • ADBMobilePrivacyStatusOptOut - hits are discarded.
  • ADBMobilePrivacyStatusUnknown - If offline tracking is enabled, hits are saved until the privacy status changes to opt-in (then hits are sent) or opt-out (then hits are discarded). If offline tracking is not enabled, hits are discarded until the privacy status changes to opt in.

Default: The default value is set in ADBMobileConfig.json

Syntax:

1. + (ADBMobilePrivacyStatus) privacyStatus;

Example:

1. ADBMobilePrivacyStatus privacyStatus = [ADBMobile privacyStatus];

If you use that you can make so for example any internal people of your company are not tracked.

privacyDefault (it is in the file ADBMobileConfig.json Config File Reference and The ADBMobileConfig.json can be placed anywhere that it is accessible in your bundle):

Default: optedin

• optedin - hits are sent immediately.
  • optedout - hits are discarded.
  • optunknown - If offline tracking is enabled, hits are saved until the privacy status changes to opt-in (then hits are sent) or opt-out (then hits are discarded). If offline tracking is not enabled, hits are discarded until the privacy status changes to opt in.

This sets the initial value only. If this value is ever set or changed in code, then the new value is used going forward until it is changed, or the app is uninstalled and then reinstalled.        

NSDecimalNumber *lifeValue = [ADBMobile lifetimeValue];

Lifetime value lets you measure and target on a lifetime value for each user. Each time you send in a value with trackLifetimeValueIncrease, the value is added to the existing value. Lifetime value is stored on device and can be retrieved at any time by calling lifetimeValue. This can be used to store lifetime purchases, ad views, video completes, social shares, photo uploads, and so on.

1. // Lifetime Value Example
  2. [ADBMobile trackLifetimeValueIncrease:purchasePrice
  3. data:@{@"ItemPurchaseEvent" : @"ItemPurchaseEvent"
  4. @"PurchaseItem" : @"Item453",
  5. @"PurchasePrice" : purchasePrice];

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1.To find of the documentation for developers you need to go there : 

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/index.html#Developer

2.The docuementation for IOS SDK 4.x can be found here : microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/mobile/ios/#iOS_SDK_4x_for_Marketing_Cloud_Solutions

3.Questions :

privacyStatus (http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/mobile/ios/#ADBMobile_Class_and_Method_Reference):

Returns the enum representation of the privacy status for current user.

• ADBMobilePrivacyStatusOptIn - hits are sent immediately.
  • ADBMobilePrivacyStatusOptOut - hits are discarded.
  • ADBMobilePrivacyStatusUnknown - If offline tracking is enabled, hits are saved until the privacy status changes to opt-in (then hits are sent) or opt-out (then hits are discarded). If offline tracking is not enabled, hits are discarded until the privacy status changes to opt in.

Default: The default value is set in ADBMobileConfig.json

Syntax:

1. + (ADBMobilePrivacyStatus) privacyStatus;

Example:

1. ADBMobilePrivacyStatus privacyStatus = [ADBMobile privacyStatus];

If you use that you can make so for example any internal people of your company are not tracked.

privacyDefault (it is in the file ADBMobileConfig.json Config File Reference and The ADBMobileConfig.json can be placed anywhere that it is accessible in your bundle):

Default: optedin

• optedin - hits are sent immediately.
  • optedout - hits are discarded.
  • optunknown - If offline tracking is enabled, hits are saved until the privacy status changes to opt-in (then hits are sent) or opt-out (then hits are discarded). If offline tracking is not enabled, hits are discarded until the privacy status changes to opt in.

This sets the initial value only. If this value is ever set or changed in code, then the new value is used going forward until it is changed, or the app is uninstalled and then reinstalled.        

NSDecimalNumber *lifeValue = [ADBMobile lifetimeValue];

Lifetime value lets you measure and target on a lifetime value for each user. Each time you send in a value with trackLifetimeValueIncrease, the value is added to the existing value. Lifetime value is stored on device and can be retrieved at any time by calling lifetimeValue. This can be used to store lifetime purchases, ad views, video completes, social shares, photo uploads, and so on.

1. // Lifetime Value Example
  2. [ADBMobile trackLifetimeValueIncrease:purchasePrice
  3. data:@{@"ItemPurchaseEvent" : @"ItemPurchaseEvent"
  4. @"PurchaseItem" : @"Item453",
  5. @"PurchasePrice" : purchasePrice];

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes