Expand my Community achievements bar.

macOS 14.4.1 (23E224)-Filter failed issue when we try to print using Adobe reader

Level 1

When printing from the MacOS14 and macOS 15 dev beta using the HP driver there is an error: "Filter failed"
The issue is random using the same document and will not be printed and get stuck in the spooler with the error "filter failed"
Sonoma 14.4.1

Problem statement :- 

The "Filter" failed issue is reproducible only on macOS 14 and macOS 15 developer beta with Adobe acrobat reader. and it is not reproducible on other pdf viewer applications eg:(Preview, Foxit Reader).

Steps to Reproduce :-
Reset print system
1.Delete HP and PPDs folder from Library/Printers
2.Install 6.2.0.1
3.Create a new print queue with IP using IPP Protocol.
4.Open document in Acrobat Pro
5.Open Print Dialog
6.Select something that invokes hppostprocessing.  I tried booklet and watermark both created error.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @satheeshkumarM,

This is an Adobe development forum. I would recommend posting your question in the Adobe Reader forum for better support: Adobe Reader Forum. Additionally, please check this thread which may be related to your issue: Thread Link.

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

Thankyou @EstebanBustamante  for your inputs. 

I can't raise a bug ticket to adobe, can you please let me know how to submit a ticket to adobe.

TIA.

Satheesh

Community Advisor

Hi, please check here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/926812. But usually posting in the correct forum is the best first option, so i would encourage you to post in the forum i shared before

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante