Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Trait Expressions - Signals Questions

Level 2
Hi,

Just had two general questions regarding trait creation within Adobe Audience Manager:

Question #1
When creating a trait with multiple signals joined with an 'AND' in the trait expression: for a user to qualify for the trait: do the users need to satisfy all the signals (in the trait expression) based on the same hit, or same visit/session or same ECID? 

Question #2
When setting up a trait with signals in the 'trait expression' section, if there are no Boolean Expressions (AND, OR and NOT) between the signals. How does Adobe treat the multiple signals found in the trait expression?

Thanks for your help!
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @WesPhg ,

Pease find my answers inline:

Question #1
When creating a trait with multiple signals joined with an 'AND' in the trait expression: for a user to qualify for the trait: do the users need to satisfy all the signals (in the trait expression) based on the same hit, or same visit/session or same ECID? 
For a user to qualify for the trait, he should satisfy all the signals in the same hit i.e. all the signals present in trait expression should be passed in same call.

Question #2
When setting up a trait with signals in the 'trait expression' section, if there are no Boolean Expressions (AND, OR and NOT) between the signals. How does Adobe treat the multiple signals found in the trait expression?
In that case, the default operator is "OR" and the signals are evaluated using OR operator.

Regards,
Shweta

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @WesPhg ,

Pease find my answers inline:

Question #1
For a user to qualify for the trait, he should satisfy all the signals in the same hit i.e. all the signals present in trait expression should be passed in same call.

Question #2
In that case, the default operator is "OR" and the signals are evaluated using OR operator.

Regards,
Shweta

Level 2

Thanks @shweta_singh for your answer! I have one more similar question; when there are multiple traits within a segment: do the users need to satisfy all the traits for the segment based on hit or visits/session or same ECID?