Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Send campaign data into AAM

Level 3

What are the pros and cons of methods on feeding campaign data into AAM, "pixeling the creative" or ingesting log files?  Which one is the best practice or a more popular approach method among different companies? Thank you!

Capturing Campaign Impression Data via Pixel Calls

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Please find your answers inline –

Q: Is there real-time server-to-server data transfer of campaign data?

Actionable Log Files allow you to capture media data from Google DCM log files and use the data to create traits in Audience Manager. Capture impressions, clicks, and conversions from ad servers as traits without having to use pixel calls.

Q: Is it common to create campaign traits automatically and dynamically? Is it through Adobe API or are there other better ways?

AAM offers APIs (as well as BAAAM) to create traits in bulk. I woiuld recommend to check the links below for API documentation.

REST APIs

Audience Manager API Code Migration

Bulk Updates

Q: How much delay the log file ingestion has in terms of data availability?

Log data is processed daily for reporting purposes. For actionable log files the data processing is almost real time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Currently data from log files can't be ingested as traits. However, if you wish to capture the media data as a trait today, you must pixel the creative.

Thanks,

Gaurang

Level 3

Thank you! Could you elaborate on what ingesting log file method is usually used for if the data can't be used to create traits and segments? I assume it would be used for reporting purpose only in AAM (Audience Optimization Reports) and the ingestion is not real-time. Is that right?

Level 9

Ingesting log file method is for Delivery performance reports that is Audience Optimization Reports as mentioned in this doc :

Delivery Performance Report: Log File Recommendations

Ingesting log file method is not real time.

You can contact your Adobe Consultant or Account Manager to enable Audience Optimization Reports.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 3

Is there real-time server-to-server data transfer of campaign data?

Is it common to create campaign traits automatically and dynamically? Is it through Adobe API or are there other better ways?

Level 3

How much delay the log file ingestion has in terms of data availability?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Please find your answers inline –

Q: Is there real-time server-to-server data transfer of campaign data?

Actionable Log Files allow you to capture media data from Google DCM log files and use the data to create traits in Audience Manager. Capture impressions, clicks, and conversions from ad servers as traits without having to use pixel calls.

Q: Is it common to create campaign traits automatically and dynamically? Is it through Adobe API or are there other better ways?

AAM offers APIs (as well as BAAAM) to create traits in bulk. I woiuld recommend to check the links below for API documentation.

REST APIs

Audience Manager API Code Migration

Bulk Updates

Q: How much delay the log file ingestion has in terms of data availability?

Log data is processed daily for reporting purposes. For actionable log files the data processing is almost real time.

Level 10

Hi,

i hope your query is resolved. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Gaurang