Expand my Community achievements bar.

Segments Cannot mapped to New People based destination

Level 3

I set up a new people-based destination for one of my businesses, after creating the Destination and integrating the AD account with AAM, we tried to map the segments to the destination. When I do so, I am getting the below error always. But the same segments can be shared with other people-based destinations that made the setup already. Can you please tell would be the reason for this? Appreciate your response

[400 Bad Request] during [POST] to [https://graph.facebook.com/v16.0/act_1589517297767660/customaudiences?fields=name&fields=description...] [FacebookServiceClient#createAudience(String,String,Map)]: []

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

Hello,

Are you able to confirm that you've allowed Audience Manager access to the Facebook Ad account? You can achieve this within the Facebook UI by navigating to Settings > Business Integrations > Adobe Experience Cloud > View and Edit

You can also force FB to request the permissions by following our refresh account workflow: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-20130.html?lang=en

If you're still experiencing issues, please submit a case via https://adminconsole.adobe.com/ and my team will help investigate further. Thank you!

Best,

Curtis Oliver  |  Technical Support Engineer  

Community Advisor

It seems like you are encountering a "400 Bad Request" error when trying to map segments to the new people-based destination. This error typically occurs when the request sent to the server is malformed, incorrect, or incomplete.

There are a few possible reasons for this error:

1. Incorrect API endpoint or version: Double-check the API endpoint and version (in your case, v16.0) to ensure it's correct and up-to-date.

2. Missing or incorrect authentication: Ensure that you have the proper authentication and permissions in place for your Adobe Audience Manager (AAM) and Facebook account integration.

3. Incorrect request parameters: Review the request parameters and ensure they are properly formatted and include all necessary information.

4. Rate limiting: Facebook has rate limits for API requests. If you have exceeded these limits, you may encounter errors. To resolve this, you can either wait for the rate limit to reset or adjust your application to make fewer requests.

To further diagnose the issue, you can examine the error message and response details provided by the Facebook API. This information can help pinpoint the cause of the error and guide you in resolving it.

If you continue to face issues, I recommend reaching out to Adobe Support or Facebook Support for further assistance. They will be able to analyze your specific use case and provide guidance on resolving the issue.

Good luck, and I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Employee Advisor

@keerthivasanj96 Hello, I see that destination was re-created on 2023-05-23 in Audience Manager and I believe this is no longer presenting the 400 error. It is highly likely this was due to the Facebook pre-requisites not being met at the time but please let us know how this came to be fixed, this could be. beneficial to other community users as well