Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profile merge Rule with 2 data source

Level 2

HI we have a scenario

We are onboarding  CRM data to AAM  which has 2 keys  and is mapped to  2 different data source

We did set up the demdex call  to capture both

Example  1 d_cid_id = article_id 1234

2   d_cid_id  = customer_id 13555

As after we boarded CRM data to AAM as a file to Sftp.  which has a different signal based on sources 1 ,2

We have set up 2 profile merge rule to set up  the  Stitching

Question :

how can we have a segment with the signal form both the data source? 

We wanted to get this scenario

1. visitor belongs  from  traits from data source 1 ( no issue)
  2. visitor belongs to data source 2 ( no issue )
  3. Visitors belong to 1 and/or 2 data source ( How ) Which profile merge rule to select
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Santosh,

When we have multiple datasource kinda setup, it is recommended to have a master datasource which will have all the ID syncs.

You can select up to 3 cross-device data sources to use with each profile rule. The Authenticated Profile Options are available when you choose Current Authenticated Profile or Last Authenticated Profile.

While creating segment you can pick the master data and while creating PMR as well you can have only master datasource added but during offline dataonboarding you need to mention UserID datasource as the mast datasource and in the TargetDatasource you can provide specific datasources.

I hope this helps, please let me know for any additional question on the given matter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Santosh,

When we have multiple datasource kinda setup, it is recommended to have a master datasource which will have all the ID syncs.

You can select up to 3 cross-device data sources to use with each profile rule. The Authenticated Profile Options are available when you choose Current Authenticated Profile or Last Authenticated Profile.

While creating segment you can pick the master data and while creating PMR as well you can have only master datasource added but during offline dataonboarding you need to mention UserID datasource as the mast datasource and in the TargetDatasource you can provide specific datasources.

I hope this helps, please let me know for any additional question on the given matter.