Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Key-Value Pairs

Level 1

Hello - 

I'm trying to determine the key-value pair for "New Visits" in my signals. How would I determine or search for this in signals? 

Also, is there any documentation on the best way to understand what signals are what?

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mb14 

Generally speaking the signals would be coming from say Analytics for example so based on what’s coming in to Audience Manager (see Signals Dashboard link below), you can catch these as key-value pairs in Audience Manager traits. It could be page views, events, it could be something else you feel is more adequate.

See documentation below to get a better sense of what signals and key-value pairs are and I’d also point out you have the Recency & Frequency feature at segment level, which might also help better define your audiences (eg: <= 2 page views / event in last 30 days)

Understanding signals

Signals Dashboard

Key-value pairs explained

Recency & Frequency

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mb14 

Generally speaking the signals would be coming from say Analytics for example so based on what’s coming in to Audience Manager (see Signals Dashboard link below), you can catch these as key-value pairs in Audience Manager traits. It could be page views, events, it could be something else you feel is more adequate.

See documentation below to get a better sense of what signals and key-value pairs are and I’d also point out you have the Recency & Frequency feature at segment level, which might also help better define your audiences (eg: <= 2 page views / event in last 30 days)

Understanding signals

Signals Dashboard

Key-value pairs explained

Recency & Frequency

Hope it helps!

Level 2

generally you will not see a key-value pair for 'new visit' in aam. I would suggest making these type of segments in the segment builder in AA... where you can use metrics as well as dimensions.