Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use retroactive data in destination publishing?

Level 2

Hello,

I wanted to understand how retroactive data can be used in destination publishing via AAM? We have imported a large chunk of our data when we decided to go ahead with AAM.

Please help me understand if the imported data can be used for destination publishing without the users having to do actions again which will qualify them to be populated in a trait/segment and then later being sent for some destination.

I basically want to use the data set which I already have to be used for targeting. This data is dated years back so chances of those users to visit again and do actions again is bleak thus I wanted to know if there is a way around.

Adding to it, how is the offline data stored in AAM? Is there any MCID created in AAM after the upload is done and when the id sync happens the new MCIDs are mapped to the corresponding CRM-ID? Can we create traits in AAM solely depending upon the values which we passed in the file and it would start showing numbers?

Thank you in advance.

-Harshit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Harshit,

Yes, the trait will populate when the ID sync happens on the site if it hasn't happened already in the past. The uploaded data will remain in the AAM and currently, there is no purging of data. Even after a month or year, if a user does the id sync on site, the trait will be realized.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Harshit,

There will be few concepts come into picture here.

1. TTL (Time to live) for a trait - The users who are part of a trait will be targetable (can be sent to destination) until trait's TTL (generally, TTL for a trait is set as 120 days, you can change it based on your needs)

2. AAM UUID expiration - If the AAM UUID has not expired, the user will be targetable (can be sent to destination). The AAM UUID doesn't expire as long as the user is found on the web properties across AAM customers. The TTL for UUID is 180 days.

3. ID Sync - If the AAM ID Sync (Mapping of CRM ID and UUID) is still intact, the user will be targetable (can be sent to destination). The ID sync will remain indefinitely unless the user has cleared the cookie.

So, if you onboard a year old CRM data now, the trait will show a realization only if there has been an ID sync in the past and the UUID is still active. This trait then will be active until its TTL and hence targetable (can be sent to destination).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Level 2

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Adding to it, what will happen if I upload the data (which was never synced in past) and I create traits based upon those signals?

Will the trait only populate when the person with same CRM ID visits and id syncs happens? What will happen to the uploaded data against whom no future id sync happens? Will the data still reside in AAM or will it be discarded? Let's say the same person visits but a month later, will the id sync now populate the traits which was created long back against the signals passed in the old upload file?

Thank,

Harshit Pandey

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Harshit,

Yes, the trait will populate when the ID sync happens on the site if it hasn't happened already in the past. The uploaded data will remain in the AAM and currently, there is no purging of data. Even after a month or year, if a user does the id sync on site, the trait will be realized.

Cheers!