Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to control send audiences to advertising or personalization destination

Level 2

Hi,

We have some doubts regarding send audiences to advertising or personalization destination.

We want to create a trait of user didn’t give consent for those personalization destination (Target) or advertising destination (Adwords,Facebook...) and exclude them all the time in the segment creation but it implies a lot of effort on business side and its a heavy manually process

What is the best way If they don’t want to be targeted (advertising or personalization)? Is not to send the data  in AAM unless they accepted all consents ( personalization, advertising, analytics...) or there is another way to exclude them taking in account consents a user accepted?

Thank you all!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi franciscor54562584

In this case,I can only think of workaround which you already suggested that is  create  a trait of all users who didn’t give consent for those personalization destination (Target) or advertising destination (Adwords,Facebook...) and exclude them all  using "AND NOT" operator in the segment.

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

shweta_singh​ do you have any idea? Thanks in advance!

Level 10

Francisco,

In addition to the opt-out trait, I would recommend to consider data export controls and labels, and AAM opt-out option:

Level 2

I have some doubts because..

Facebook & Google Ads are url destinations and we cannot unsegment in the destination side unless we create other segment (with the opt-out trait). What do you think?

On the other hand, once you create a segment in AAM its shared automatically with Adobe Target. How we can prevent activating segments that haven't given consent for personalization? Add the personalization trait doesnt seem to be the right way...

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi franciscor54562584

In this case,I can only think of workaround which you already suggested that is  create  a trait of all users who didn’t give consent for those personalization destination (Target) or advertising destination (Adwords,Facebook...) and exclude them all  using "AND NOT" operator in the segment.

Regards,

Shweta