Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help required - Onboarded Trait Zero, Segment Populated

Level 2

Hello all,

Last week we tried to onboard our CRM on Audience Manager.

To do so, we created specific segments in Campaign and used workflows with a shared audience box.

The Adobe cron eventually passed after 48h and we can now see our segment populated.

However, the onboarded trait linked with our segment remains at zero: how is it possible ?

Also, the number of devices in the total segment population is lower than in our export from the CRM - by around 50% - and we can't understand why it is not the same number in total.

Many thanks,

Val

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Val,

When onboarding CRM data into AAM, please make sure you're viewing the traits cross-device graph / metrics. You can switch the view of the trait by selecting the drop down in the top right on the trait page.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/audience-manager/user-guide/features/traits/trait-details-pag...

Regards,

Shane

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Val,

When onboarding CRM data into AAM, please make sure you're viewing the traits cross-device graph / metrics. You can switch the view of the trait by selecting the drop down in the top right on the trait page.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/audience-manager/user-guide/features/traits/trait-details-pag...

Regards,

Shane

Level 2

Hi Shane @snielson ,

Thank you very much for your help.

With Cross Device ID, the volumes of population are coherent and similar to the ones in our CRM !

However, I took time to read the documentation you provided and I just can't get the difference between "cross-device ID" and "device ID" here since it is a CRM onboarding... Could you help me understand it ?

Also: the traits automatically populate segments associated to the onboarding, but why is the the segment population is different than the trait population ? I can't display by cross device ID here.

Many thanks,

Valentin

Employee
When you onboard data into AAM, you have to select a target data source this data is for. When data is onboarded to a data source that is marked as "Cross-device", this data will be stored into a cross-device profile on the backend. These profiles are usually authenticated IDs and differ from the device ID (AAM UUID (non-authenticated)).

Employee
When you onboard data into AAM, you have to select a target data source this data is for. When data is onboarded to a data source that is marked as "Cross-device", this data will be stored into a cross-device profile on the backend. These profiles are usually authenticated IDs and differ from the device ID (AAM UUID (non-authenticated)). As for segment population, that may vary on the profile merge rule used in that segment.

Level 2
Hi Shane, again thank you for you help - it's now very clear !

Level 1

Hi Shane @snielson,

I have a similar problem. My onboarded traits are populating under cross-device, however, they are not populating when added to a segment. 

-Melissa

Level 2

when you build the segment, you need to use a profile merge rule which uses the cross-device data source that you onboarded your offline data to