Expand my Community achievements bar.

Facebook API Token Expiry

Level 4

Hi,

We got a message from Adobe on our Facebook Token expiring.  How did we solution around that?

Thanks

7 Replies

Employee

Hello,

You can refresh your integrated account tokens by following these steps: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-20130.html?lang=en

Let me know if you encounter any issues completing this process. Thanks!

Best,

Curtis Oliver  |  Technical Support Engineer  

Level 4

HI @curtiso,

Do we need to have an admin access for Facebook for this?

Thanks

Level 4

We are getting this error:

There was a conflict. Please try with a different value.

Employee

Thank you for reporting this issue. This may be related to known issues posted on Meta/FB server status page: https://metastatus.com/fbs

That said, we are working to investigate this error to confirm the root cause. Are you able to submit a case to customer care so that we can track the scope of this issue & keep you updated on the progress? 

If you have enterprise support, you can submit a case via the admin console: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-for-enterprise.html

Best,

Curtis Oliver  |  Technical Support Engineer

Level 4

Hi @curtiso,

We have submitted a ticket on this. 

Thanks

Community Advisor

When you receive a message from Adobe regarding your Facebook Token expiring, it's important to update the token to ensure the continued integration between Adobe Audience Manager (AAM) and Facebook. Here's how to refresh your Facebook token:

Navigate to Audience Manager.
Click on the "Audience Data" tab in the top navigation bar, and then select "Destinations" from the dropdown menu.
Find the Facebook destination you've set up and click on its name to access the destination details.
In the destination details, locate the "Authentication" section. You should see a message about the token expiration and an "Update" button next to it.
Click the "Update" button. You will be redirected to a Facebook login page if you're not already logged in. If you're logged in, you'll be asked to grant permissions for the Adobe Audience Manager app.
Follow the on-screen instructions to grant the necessary permissions. After granting the permissions, your Facebook token will be refreshed.
Make sure you have the necessary administrative privileges on both Adobe Experience Cloud and Facebook Business Manager to perform this action.

Once you've refreshed the token, the integration between AAM and Facebook should work without any issues. Keep in mind that Facebook tokens generally have a 60-90 day lifespan, so you may need to update the token periodically to maintain the integration.

Note you need to have admin access for facebook 

Level 1

Is there another solution if I don't have Facebook access? Just curious if there is a way to do this without Facebook permissions, hope I'm not bothering you.