Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Source: ID Definition - Person or Household?

Level 1

Hi,

Need some clarifications here...

Person: The ID used to define a single person. This ID can be mapped to multiple Audience Manager IDs.

Household: The ID used to define a group of people. This ID can be mapped to multiple Audience Manager IDs.

Question 1: Do they behave like tagging purposes or will it actually impact some sort of algorithm within the data source upon selection?

Question 2: In which scenarios do we use Person or Household?

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

1. They are most probably for Tagging purpose, but that still needs a clarification from our product team. gmathur1133​ Can you get this confirmed from engineering or product teams? I have not seen any difference in data collection or segmentation while using any of these options.

2. Person ID can be used when the trait/data source etc. belongs to a personal device example: mobile phone. Household can be used when there is a shared device example: TV, iPad etc.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

Not quite sure if I understand the first question, but can provide some input on the second one. The way we've used it in one the cases was something like:

Say for example, you've an online streaming website like Netflix. There's one account and then there are multiple profiles within it. In that case, you'd most likely have an account ID associated with the account and profile IDs associated with each profiles. So there'll be two cross device data sources, on at account id level and the other at profile id. Account one here would be at Household and Profile at person level.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

1. They are most probably for Tagging purpose, but that still needs a clarification from our product team. gmathur1133​ Can you get this confirmed from engineering or product teams? I have not seen any difference in data collection or segmentation while using any of these options.

2. Person ID can be used when the trait/data source etc. belongs to a personal device example: mobile phone. Household can be used when there is a shared device example: TV, iPad etc.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 10

Hi yunx42466106 ,

Were you able to resolve your query in this regard?

Thanks,

Gaurang

Level 1

Hi Gaurang Mathur,

Thanks for following up.

Can I just confirm that the function of the ID is only for tagging purpose?

Level 10

Hey,

Yes I wanted to check if you were able to resolve your query.

Thanks,

Gaurang

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>