Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best practices for Audience Segment naming conventions

Community Advisor

Hello Experts,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Can anyone help me with best practices for segment nomenclature on AAM? Looking for Telecom and Financial services industries primarily.

Thank you so much!

- Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @Kishore_Reddy 

Segment naming nomenclature can vary on multiple points. You should make sure you are following the best practices for Folder taxonomy while saving segments and then naming them as per the your company standards.

A few pointers to keep in mind while name the segments:

1. Web/App 

2. Specify the Product name in your segment
Example: Financial industry- Specific Credit/Debit Card Name, FD, Loan type, Insurance etc.

Telecom: Prepaid, Postpaid, Broadband, DTH etc.

3. Activity on the web/app

Example: First time visitors, Form abandoners,  Repeat visitors , Form Completed etc.

4. Existing customers segments- If you are creating segments based on cross device id's i.e. profiles who are already your customers use the terminology as per your company standards.

Example: Financial customer: Account Holders with Income Range - 50k-60k

Telecom: Postpaid Account with Yearly Bill - 13k-15k

5. You can use the Campaign name for reference as well 

Example: Diwali/Christmas Week Offer: First Time Visitors on Campaign Landing Page

Note: Please make sure you provide a good description to your segment to understand the logic and reason behind creating it.

-Rachit

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @Kishore_Reddy 

Segment naming nomenclature can vary on multiple points. You should make sure you are following the best practices for Folder taxonomy while saving segments and then naming them as per the your company standards.

A few pointers to keep in mind while name the segments:

1. Web/App 

2. Specify the Product name in your segment
Example: Financial industry- Specific Credit/Debit Card Name, FD, Loan type, Insurance etc.

Telecom: Prepaid, Postpaid, Broadband, DTH etc.

3. Activity on the web/app

Example: First time visitors, Form abandoners,  Repeat visitors , Form Completed etc.

4. Existing customers segments- If you are creating segments based on cross device id's i.e. profiles who are already your customers use the terminology as per your company standards.

Example: Financial customer: Account Holders with Income Range - 50k-60k

Telecom: Postpaid Account with Yearly Bill - 13k-15k

5. You can use the Campaign name for reference as well 

Example: Diwali/Christmas Week Offer: First Time Visitors on Campaign Landing Page

Note: Please make sure you provide a good description to your segment to understand the logic and reason behind creating it.

-Rachit