Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Apple just announced that IDFA is now going to be opt-in as of iOS14 – what impact will it have on activating segments to app based destinations?

Level 9

Hi,

I have few questions regarding Adobe's point of view on Apple's recent announcement on IDFA:

1) What impact will it have if mobile based segments are mapped to destinations that receive IDFAs? Will AAM gets restricted for performing device ID sync if a user does not allow tracking in app? 

2) Will impact the customer ID sync? If the customer has 2 mobile devices and the app in both the devices is opted-out for tracking? Can we still stitch those 2 devices of a user under one profile with customer ID sync and Profile Merge rules?

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Varun,

Looking at how the ATT works and what AAM can be used for, you would only need to restrict the collection of IDFA if the user opts-out.

you collect that with "setAdvertisingIdentifier" in the AEP SDK.

There is a bit more from Adobe in the AEP SDK guide on Adobe Experience Cloud & Apple’s IDFA, Privacy Announcements

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1
Hey Varun, I have the same question and I was wondering if you were able to find anything on this topic?

Level 2
Related to your question: Do you also read the guidelines from Apple, so actually you need and iOS specific opt-in to even track using audience manager, if you're sharing with 3rd parties (DSP's)

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Varun,

Looking at how the ATT works and what AAM can be used for, you would only need to restrict the collection of IDFA if the user opts-out.

you collect that with "setAdvertisingIdentifier" in the AEP SDK.

There is a bit more from Adobe in the AEP SDK guide on Adobe Experience Cloud & Apple’s IDFA, Privacy Announcements

Level 3

Adobe's announcement says that they are 'currently working on making product updates to historically de-link IDFA in Adobe Audience Manager' - does that mean that IDFA will no longer be used anywhere in AAM? If so, do we know when that will happen?

Rich