Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics traits in AAM - reverse engineering to understand the segment detail

Level 2

Good afternoon all,

My instance of AAM is integrated with Adobe Analytics via Server-Side Forwarding (SSF).

Previous users of AAM & AA have created segments within AA and exposed them into AAM using the tick box "Make this an Experience Cloud audience".

These traits now exposed into AAM have a custom Integration code which looks a bit like this "s2451_5bb0fba31c252a7fcc842e9c".

The trait expression is also the same: segid == "s2451_5bb0fba31c252a7fcc842e9c"

My question is: how can I reverse engineer this to understand what the segment consists of in AA?

Many thanks,

Pete

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Pete,

From within any segment in Analytics scroll to the end of the URL in the browser. Each segment’s URL ends with the integration code you’ll find in AAM.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Hey Pete,

All you have to do is open up another segment in Analytics and you’ll see the integration code for that segment. Simply copy and paste the integration code from AAM into the URL in AA and you have your segment for viewing.

Glenn

Level 2

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the option, unless i'm missing something simple?

Screenshot for an existing segment:

1800268_pastedImage_3.png

Cheers,

Pete

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Pete,

From within any segment in Analytics scroll to the end of the URL in the browser. Each segment’s URL ends with the integration code you’ll find in AAM.

Level 2

Brill, that's worked, thank you!