Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[AAM] Is it possible for the same cookie to be set twice?

Level 1

Hey guys,

We've been using cookie destination in our own sites for a while, but recently we found this:

1784803_pastedImage_1.png

(each "%7C" represents a "|" and each "%3D" represents an "=")

Those two are the same cookie destination, being set to - allegedly - the same cookie.

We've checked the destination, data sources and all that there's to a segment, and they are all the same.

Have anyone ever seen this behaviour?

Thx,

Victor

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Victor,

Yes it is possible to see same cookie in the browser but here we should notice the domain on which these cookies are set. Being a cookie destination, I think you have settings to set this cookie on all your domains due to which whenever  you access your websites and make a call to AAM, it replies back with sgpj_0 cookie. With all the websites running on different domains, this cookie is getting set on each one of them.

I hope this helps, please let me know your thoughts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Victor,

Yes it is possible to see same cookie in the browser but here we should notice the domain on which these cookies are set. Being a cookie destination, I think you have settings to set this cookie on all your domains due to which whenever  you access your websites and make a call to AAM, it replies back with sgpj_0 cookie. With all the websites running on different domains, this cookie is getting set on each one of them.

I hope this helps, please let me know your thoughts.