Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AAM Beginner questions

Level 3

Hi,

Have few questions. Can someone help me?

- When we upload data into AAM, is there anyway to do the test first(i.e: upload test data first) and then prod data. I believe, we can create 2 different data sources(one for non-prod) and other one for Prod. If yes, how Data sources works in AAM. Will it differentiate based on DPID to identify the non-prod and prod data.

- When we enable server side implementation(between AA-AAM) then the website data will go automatically sent to AAM in real time. And, in that case, Let's say if we dont want to show the personalized content through AT if the user successfully reached to the conversion page. i could see, that we can create the segment and exclude the user for those who converted/reached to the conversion page in AAM based on analytics data. But, my question is how quickly that segments will apply to Adobe Target. Assume that, if the user returning to our website within 2 hrs again.

- When we upload file into AAM, do we need to use MCVID or UUID(generated based on login id) for ID sync in AAM. Considering pre-login and post-login page. if we are targeting content to the post-login page, then we will have UUID that we can use to upload data and for ID sync. But, if we want to target content to the pre-login page then do we need to upload the file separately with MCVID and traits separately or do we need to upload both mcvid, uuid and traits.

1572095_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Muthu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Muthu,

Please find responses below in bold.

Best,

Harish

- When we upload data into AAM, is there anyway to do the test first(i.e: upload test data first) and then prod data. I believe, we can create 2 different data sources(one for non-prod) and other one for Prod. If yes, how Data sources works in AAM. Will it differentiate based on DPID to identify the non-prod and prod data.

Assuming that you're uploading offline data, you can have different data sources for prod and non-prod, but keep in mind that ID sync code needs have integration codes for both the data sources. Please refer to thread link provided by Christophe above.

- When we enable server side implementation(between AA-AAM) then the website data will go automatically sent to AAM in real time. And, in that case, Let's say if we dont want to show the personalized content through AT if the user successfully reached to the conversion page. i could see, that we can create the segment and exclude the user for those who converted/reached to the conversion page in AAM based on analytics data. But, my question is how quickly that segments will apply to Adobe Target. Assume that, if the user returning to our website within 2 hrs again.

Audience Manager segment disqualification happens in real time. For Adobe target, it will depend on the way the integration is setup. Please refer to link below:

Target to Audience Manager Implementation Guide

- When we upload file into AAM, do we need to use MCVID or UUID(generated based on login id) for ID sync in AAM. Considering pre-login and post-login page. if we are targeting content to the post-login page, then we will have UUID that we can use to upload data and for ID sync. But, if we want to target content to the pre-login page then do we need to upload the file separately with MCVID and traits separately or do we need to upload both mcvid, uuid and traits.

Could you please elaborate on this use-case? For personalizing before login (unknown visitors), you can do that by creating rule-based traits. For personalizing after login, if you have offline data about the users, it can be onboarded with CRM id/login id (provided ID sync happens after login).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

muthu1985​, in relation to your question around data sources, please see if the following forum post helps as I think it is covering some of your points - AAM: DataSources for Multiple environment and Targeting content using AAM Segments

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Muthu,

Please find responses below in bold.

Best,

Harish

Assuming that you're uploading offline data, you can have different data sources for prod and non-prod, but keep in mind that ID sync code needs have integration codes for both the data sources. Please refer to thread link provided by Christophe above.

Audience Manager segment disqualification happens in real time. For Adobe target, it will depend on the way the integration is setup. Please refer to link below:

Target to Audience Manager Implementation Guide

Could you please elaborate on this use-case? For personalizing before login (unknown visitors), you can do that by creating rule-based traits. For personalizing after login, if you have offline data about the users, it can be onboarded with CRM id/login id (provided ID sync happens after login).

Level 10

Hi Muthu,

Were you able to resolve your query?

Thanks,

Gaurang