Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AAM and Safari ITP 2.2 update

Level 9

We need to know if there are any guidelines by Adobe Experience Cloud/AAM on Safari's ITP 2.2?

ITP 2.2 cuts the first-party cookie’s lifespan from seven days to one day. As a result, the first-party cookies that Ad Platforms / DSPs will write because of Partner ID syncs (dpm.demdex.net/ibs:dpid=...) will be deleted after 24 hours. Shouldn't that impact match rates in AAM, if visitors are not visiting websites daily?

Is there any public doc on impact, guidelines and future plans on ITP 2.2 ?

We have this one: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/analytics/kb/adobe-analytics-anditp.html which talks about ITP 2.0 and 2.1 but nothing on 2.2.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi there,

I am planning to publish a blog stating impacts of ITP2.2. I will share the link for same shortly.

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Employee

Hi Varun,

I have sent a presentation talking about impacts of ITP 2.2 and guidelines to mitigate them separately on your email.Please have look and let us know if any additional information is required.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 1

Hey Shweta,

We have been investigating this internally too and had a couple of questions. Would it be correct to say that CNAME would only be recommended to be implemented on Safari browsers and we leave all other browsers to the RDC implementation?

The reason for this is that we do not want to limit a clients ability to use Marketplace and 2nd Party Data share and, as far as we understand, a CNAME implementation does not make this possible on any browser.

Regards,

Michael Parker

Level 10

Hi ShwetaSingh ,

Could you please share the presentation if it's possible?

Level 1

Could you please share the presentation with us too? Thanks!

Level 2

Hi,

Is it possible to share the presentation? If not, would you be able to list out the impacts with the recent changes in ITP/ETP for AAM url?

Thanks

Level 3

Hi Shweta,

Would you be kind enough and also send me this presentation?

Also, to work around ITP, could you please confirm that we need the 2 following:

1. implementation of CNAME

2. visitor ID service v4.3.0 or above

Thank you,

Olivier

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi there,

I am planning to publish a blog stating impacts of ITP2.2. I will share the link for same shortly.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 1
Hi, Could you please share the presentation if it's possible too?

Level 1

Hi @shweta_singh,

could you share the presentation with me, please?

Thanks,
Marko

Level 1

Thanks Shweta, keen to know the impacts

Level 1

Hi Shweta,

Can you send me that PPT as well please?

Level 1

Hello, could you also share the PPT with me as we are also looking into understanding the impact. Thank you!