Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Website Page Engagement Rate Formula

Level 2

Looking to get guidance and best practice for setting a calculated metric to track page engagement rate.

We have a custom eVar that is collecting total click volume, while utilizing the Page dimension to segment as necessary. These two elements of clicks to page is the basic set up of the formula. Where we are getting caught in indecision is, what is the best metric to use in the formula to see this %

The 4 calculated proposals we came to are:

Click Instances/Page Visits

Click Visits/Page Visits

Unique Clicks/Unique Page Visits

Click Instances/Page Views

We don't think any of the above formulas are necessarily wrong, but we are looking for advice on the best method to use.

Hopefully the above intention is clear.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The correct answer depends on the nature of your business.

For example, if you're a media publisher, you might want to measure clicks on your advertisements, and since clicks correlates with revenue, you'd then want to measure total clicks.

On the other hand, if you're a SAAS company, then you might want to know which buttons/links got clicked at least once, then unique clicks would be more suitable.

So I think this is a question that only you (and your colleagues) can answer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Kate_Leo,

My opinion would go for: Click Instances/Page Views. However, it depends based on how the business wants to see them.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The correct answer depends on the nature of your business.

For example, if you're a media publisher, you might want to measure clicks on your advertisements, and since clicks correlates with revenue, you'd then want to measure total clicks.

On the other hand, if you're a SAAS company, then you might want to know which buttons/links got clicked at least once, then unique clicks would be more suitable.

So I think this is a question that only you (and your colleagues) can answer.