Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to get the unique user in the Adobe Analytics report

Level 2

Hi,

• Month wise unable to get the correct data of the unique user in the report. 
  • Analytics ID is the dimension, when the user login the website we used to get the analytics id (example : 3c65f54df2664cd2a98f8602b80487b2)
  •  When we mapped to user related metrics is not populating the unique user in the report.
  • Tulassi_0-1695128092255.png

Need a unique user in the metrics as have like in the analytics id dimension.

• And also we tried the calculated metrics by using various formula, then also we are not getting the unique data.
  • Tulassi_1-1695128378400.png

The above BIT:Active  Analytics ID is calculated metrics, for each analytics ID we are getting value that is unique user. But in this case we, total value is not the correct data. When we download the report in excel, we are getting correct unique user data report but total is not showing correctly in the metrics.

• So please suggest a metric to get the correct unique user data.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The reason that the built-in Unique Visitors does not match the count of your Analytics ID v94 is simply because of different counting methods. Unique Visitors is counted by the number of unique Adobe Analytics visitor ID values, which are normally the ECID values. A simple case where multiple visitor IDs could be associated with the same Analytics ID v94 is with using a private browser window. Every time the user opens a new private browser window, a new ECID would get created (since cookies don't persist between private browsing sessions), yet that user logs in with the same Analytics ID. As a result, you would see more than one Unique Visitor reported with the same Analytics ID v94.  

I'm not sure what function you're using in your calculated metric. I have used Approximate Count Distinct previously to get counts of an eVar values, and it was good enough.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

What is "Analytics ID"? Is this an internal id from your login system? If the user clears their cookies, uses Incognito Mode, or uses multiple browsers or devices, they will have multiple Unique Visitor metrics recorded...

If the Analytics ID is the Adobe ECID, how are you collecting it? The format of the values doesn't seem right, and you have random other data there... 

I think that you first need to check your data and data collection... 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The reason that the built-in Unique Visitors does not match the count of your Analytics ID v94 is simply because of different counting methods. Unique Visitors is counted by the number of unique Adobe Analytics visitor ID values, which are normally the ECID values. A simple case where multiple visitor IDs could be associated with the same Analytics ID v94 is with using a private browser window. Every time the user opens a new private browser window, a new ECID would get created (since cookies don't persist between private browsing sessions), yet that user logs in with the same Analytics ID. As a result, you would see more than one Unique Visitor reported with the same Analytics ID v94.  

I'm not sure what function you're using in your calculated metric. I have used Approximate Count Distinct previously to get counts of an eVar values, and it was good enough.

Level 2

Hi Yuhusing,

Thank you for your response.

Tulassi_0-1695201609863.png

Analytics ID dimension shows the correct unique user (when the user login the website we used to get the analytics id (example : 3c65f54df2664cd2a98f8602b80487b2)

When we download the report in excel, BIT: Active Analytics ID (calculated metrics) correct unique user data we are getting but in total we are not getting the correct data ( i,e total number is not showing correct value)

Tulassi_1-1695202092159.png

I have attached the screenshot of calculated metrics function we used.

Community Advisor

I get a similar mismatch, though in my case, I believe it's compensating for the many ids that are collapsed under (Low Traffic), since we well exceed the unique value limits for reporting.

If you really want the value to match exactly the "56", you could use the Row Count function... (I am not saying this is correct.. like @yuhuisg I use Approximate Distinct Count, this is approximate count after all, it's close enough for our needs), but if you do use Row Count, you will need to have another dimension in the table, or you won't get any rows back to count.