Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking code attribution across multiple marketing channels

Level 1
LastTouchOverride.PNGWe encountered the reporting issue with the tracking code that is attributed to more than 3 different marketing channels simultaneously (see screenshot below). We are particularly confused about the “direct” channel to be #1 ( # of clickthoughs) and how it can be associated at all with a campaign tracking code in the first place. Are we missing something here? Please advise. @y-shishkaLastTouch.PNGMicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

For example, a visitor could come in September via Direct and then in October via an ad campaign (tracking code).

Can you share a screenshot when the Tracking Code is broken down by Last Touch Channel?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

For example, a visitor could come in September via Direct and then in October via an ad campaign (tracking code).

Can you share a screenshot when the Tracking Code is broken down by Last Touch Channel?

Level 1
I have added Last Touch screenshot to my initial post. Also I have accidentally click on the Correct Answer, please disregard/ignore. Thanks.

Level 10

Open Report Suites > Marketing Channels > Marketing Channel Manager and check what channels have the "Override Last-Touch Channel" option enabled/ disabled. Ideally, share a screenshot.

Level 1

Thanks for your quick reply. I have checked which last-touch channels had the enabled override option, see screenshot above. As you can see, there are two channels (Direct and Session Refresh) are not enabled, but the Direct channel still shows up as #1. @y-shishka 

Level 10

For further investigation check the processing rules.