Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

sum of the numbers is not correct?

Level 4

Hello veryone,

we have a problem with the total number of data.

summ0.png

2.png

3.png

Only if I mark the numbers and then select as "Run selected Elements", then the sum of the numbers is correct.

Why is data not correct ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi there,

This is because of duplication. If you visitor arrives on Paid Search, then leaves the site and looks for a discount code, returning shortly after via an affiliate site they will have only had 1 visit, however their visit will have had 2 marketing channels.

I suspect if you look at the visits metrics against the day/week in question it will show 648k.

Thanks

Dave

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi there,

This is because of duplication. If you visitor arrives on Paid Search, then leaves the site and looks for a discount code, returning shortly after via an affiliate site they will have only had 1 visit, however their visit will have had 2 marketing channels.

I suspect if you look at the visits metrics against the day/week in question it will show 648k.

Thanks

Dave

Level 4

I suspected it, thank you so much for the confirmation.

Best Regards

Vitali

Level 5

This is a key difference between the Adobe and Google platforms, within GA the presence of a new UTM parameter instantiates a new visit- which is not true in Adobe.

Level 4

Thank you so much for the good information.

and what's better now?

Adobe?