Expand my Community achievements bar.

Set up an alert to warn when there's a drop in traffic to a specific directory on my website

Level 2

I know it's easy to set up a threshold alert when the website has an overall drop in visits ... but how can I set up an alert to notify me when any of our 100+ primary directories has a drop in visits?

e.g. I can report on a drop in overall traffic to https://www.mywebsite.com ... but I want it to alert to me when https://www.mywebsite.com/Z has a significant drop in visits, without having to create 26 different alerts for:

6 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi @Biggsy50 -- I am not sure if this is possible, because ALL segments used to filter an alert would have to be triggered. The only other idea I have is to create a calculated metric for visits in each of the directories, but that defeats the purpose of trying to be efficient. (You would only have to create one alert in that case.)

I am curious if others have ideas for workarounds. (I have to deal with this problem at my org as well with 45+ newsrooms.) 

Level 2

Yes - it seems like a simple ask Similarly, and even more granular ... is how you could have an alert fire when any of the top 100 URLs has traffic anomulous behaviour. That's something I certainly wouldn't want to manually create individual alerts for.

Community Advisor

Not sure if this would work as desired?  But I'd try something like this - creating a calculated metric for visits for each desired site section, then adding all to the alert.  If any of them are anomalous, the rule should fire.

Still work to set up, but better than having to set up an alert for each.

Josh__Stephens_1-1723845797763.png

Level 2

Thanks - I'm still looking for the quick "easy win" option ... but this is a great workaround for sure.

Level 4

I think we need to setup alerts for every threshold.

Thanks! It's looking that way. In my use case the chances of a single directory going down to zero are VERY low (although it did last week due to a tagging issue), so it doesn't warrant the time manually setting up alerts individually for our top 50+ directories.