Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

server call usage forecast

Level 4

How can I calculate and forecast the primary server call usage if I have 100k more users going to be added next month onwards? Would pageviews be a good approximation i.e s.t() calls?

Or should I use how many page views per unique visitor?

So, currently, we have 500k pageviews for 100k unique visitors, so, how many more page views for 200k unique visitors(it includes additional 100k unique visitors)? Would that be the right line of thinking for forecasting primary server call usage?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

s.t() calls are "page views", but your contact "Server calls" account for more than just Page Views...

Occurrences would be a closer approximation.... but remember that workspace doesn't show Bot traffic, internally filtered IP traffic, and other excluded server calls that you are paying for... but technically speaking, most of the increase will come from "real traffic" so to do an estimation, this metric should get you close.....

But you can also run an export on your server call usage for last month... figure out your UVs for that month... divide the server calls from your usage report by your UVs, then multiple that by 100K as a secondary estimation of increased usage.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

s.t() calls are "page views", but your contact "Server calls" account for more than just Page Views...

Occurrences would be a closer approximation.... but remember that workspace doesn't show Bot traffic, internally filtered IP traffic, and other excluded server calls that you are paying for... but technically speaking, most of the increase will come from "real traffic" so to do an estimation, this metric should get you close.....

But you can also run an export on your server call usage for last month... figure out your UVs for that month... divide the server calls from your usage report by your UVs, then multiple that by 100K as a secondary estimation of increased usage.

Level 4

Thank you!! I will use occurences for that and use that for rough estimation.

Community Advisor

You're welcome! Good luck with your estimation.