Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Page Views on Visit Depth

Wantje81
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at Visit Depth (Pages per Visit) in Workspace to understand the distribution of the amount of pages seen in one visit.

What I don´t understand, how can I have less page views associated to an amount of pages per visit than pages seen in that visit.

To make it a bit more clear, at the end of my visual I see a table like that... How can the number of page views e.g. only be 243 if I have 1232 pages seen in that first visit?

Thanks, Antje

Visit DepthVisitsPage Views
Pages per Visit: 12321243
Pages per Visit: 12541265
Pages per Visit: 13421253
Pages per Visit: 13551302
1 Accepted Solution
nickh86417692
Correct answer by
Level 5
Level 5

Do you possibly have a segment applied or are using a virtual report suite that would be excluding some of your page views?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nickh86417692
Correct answer by
Level 5
Level 5

Do you possibly have a segment applied or are using a virtual report suite that would be excluding some of your page views?

View solution in original post

Waqas_Rafiq
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

Have a look at this article. Hit Depth 
You will most likely need to use hit depth because you are looking at getting pages per visit. The article explains things quite well.

/Waqas

Wantje81
Level 1
Level 1

Oh yes! It is so simple. Had a segment applied. Is there any way to get the visit depth only for a segment?

Thanks for helping,

A.

Wantje81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Waqas,

thanks for your answer.

I already looked at the page depth, and as some of the pages had pretty high values there I got the idea to investigate the visit depth in detail. Unfortunately neither the page (or hit) depth nor the visit depth can be applied on only a part of my report suite (a segment).

But it was a interesting hint.

A.