Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Overwrite timestamp value with GMT+1

Level 1

Hi All, 

we have a prop in adobe analytics in which we save the value of the serverside timestamp.

We'd like to overwrite the value of the prod with the our local timestamp (not from the code but in adobe analytics). We have tried to do it in different ways (processing rules, changing the settings of the RS) but we can not figures it out. Do you have any suggestion? 

Thanks,

F

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@fiorenzaf127741 I could not think of anything else, since you have already tried processing rules and report suite settings. You might have to use a data warehouse and extract these values in excel and have the formula to convert it to your local time and report the values.

You can also try VISTA rules, where there would be a logic written at the server end by Adobe and convert the values as you want to. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@fiorenzaf127741 I could not think of anything else, since you have already tried processing rules and report suite settings. You might have to use a data warehouse and extract these values in excel and have the formula to convert it to your local time and report the values.

You can also try VISTA rules, where there would be a logic written at the server end by Adobe and convert the values as you want to. 

Hi Vani,

thanks. Do you have any documentation on VISTA rules? I don't know how to set them.

Thank you,
F

Employee Advisor

@fiorenzaf127741 These are set by the Adobe Engineering services team at the backend and it is a paid service, You would need to reach out to your account manager of Adobe to help you to take this further. You would not be able to do it on your end.

Community Advisor

Prop (and eVar) values are basically tracked as strings of text. So even a date / time / timestamp that is tracked there will be recorded as a string of alphanumeric characters. That's why you can't perform any date conversion on those values, because they're just text.

So @VaniBhemarasetty is right: your best option is to run your report in Excel and perform whatever date conversions you want in there, because Excel would be able to let you convert text to dates, and then you can do whatever conversions you want.