Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Natural Search and Other Campaigns

Level 2

I've been noticing that some of my visits/marketing channel instances are being assigned to 'Other Campaigns'. However there is a referrer assigned 'Google' within the 'Other campaigns' channel. When reviewing my marketing channel rules, if a user does not fulfill the paid search criteria, but clearly has a referrer from a search engine the 'Natural Search Detection Rules' should pick that up as natural search. So far the only reference material I have been able to find on 'Natural Search Detection Rules' is here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/marketing-channels/c-rules.html?lang=en... Could someone provide more insight into 'Natural Search Detection Rules' and the conditions surrounding this?

Anyone have insight as to why some of the visits/marketing channel instances would still be assigned as 'Other Campaigns' channel? Shouldn't the 'Natural Search Detection Rules' be able to capture those highlighted in red and have placed them in Natural Search since the referrer is marked as a Search Engine? 

Thank you!

WesPhg_0-1648526163551.png

WesPhg_1-1648525250708.png

WesPhg_2-1648525285112.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @WesPhg,

The rules set for 'Other Campaign' (Referring Domain exists) is very broad. Clearly most hits which didn't qualify for other channels can be considered for 'Other campaigns' because Adobe persists Referring Domain for a visit. If a visitor leaves and clicks through a link on a different domain within a single visit, the new value updates and persists for the remainder of the visit.

If you want specific details on why a particular marketing channel was given credit for certain hits, you will need to look at the raw data using data feed. You can also raise a ticket with Customer Care and they can troubleshoot this issue for you.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @WesPhg,

The rules set for 'Other Campaign' (Referring Domain exists) is very broad. Clearly most hits which didn't qualify for other channels can be considered for 'Other campaigns' because Adobe persists Referring Domain for a visit. If a visitor leaves and clicks through a link on a different domain within a single visit, the new value updates and persists for the remainder of the visit.

If you want specific details on why a particular marketing channel was given credit for certain hits, you will need to look at the raw data using data feed. You can also raise a ticket with Customer Care and they can troubleshoot this issue for you.

Hope this helps!

Community Advisor

For your question about 'Natural Search Detection Rules' and the conditions surrounding this, see this article: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/referrer-type.html?lang=en#s....