Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Last touch channel - Display

Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to have a little more clarification on Last Touch Channel - Display.

I'm working on a project to see how many of my clicks from my display advertising activity generate visits to the website. I created the following segment. 

"Hit" - Last touch channel - display

I have applied the segment to monthly visits trends and have noticed that we have visits in months where we don't run display advertising activity. That makes me wonder Display covers more than Display advertising.

Also, I see months where Visits are way higher than the number of clicks (3x). Would Adobe Analytics attribute visits to Display where Users see the ad and don't click and then go the site?

Thanks for the info.

Juanma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi there,

You need to set up Last Touch Channel - Display to tell Adobe what campaigns you consider display.

Can you provide more information on:

1. How do you have Marketing Channels set up?

2. What campaign code are you using on your display campaigns?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi there,

You need to set up Last Touch Channel - Display to tell Adobe what campaigns you consider display.

Can you provide more information on:

1. How do you have Marketing Channels set up?

2. What campaign code are you using on your display campaigns?

Community Advisor

Marketing Channels persist for a long time (based on you settings, default is 30 days). That means, if a user comes back for another visit (and doesn‘t touch a new marketing channel) he has still the „last channel“! therefore you can have visits in month where you don‘t run any display adds.

Read more about marketing channels here: Refresher on Adobe Analytics' Marketing Channels Reports: Part I | Adobe Blog

For your use case I recommend you use either the metric „clickthrough“ (or „last touch instances“) zo only fet hit‘s where the user has used the channel (and no other hits where the channel still exists).

Remark: I assume you have marked your adds with a tracking code. If yes, you could use the „trackingcode instances“ as well.

If you need more information about the difference between „tracking codes“ and „marketing channel“, see here: Compare Tracking codes and campaigns against Marketing Channels

Level 4

Hi Juanma,

as explained above there are reasons why visits are higher than clicks.  It depends on the time to persist and also whether you allow other channels to over write.

If you can share details of your set up the community should be able to help.