Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Is it possible for bounce rate to exceed more than 100%.

Level 1

I can see bounces higher than entries in some months for my data. This caused the bounce rate to be more than 100% in such cases. But we know that bounce rate can only be between 0 to 100% and bounces should be less than entries. 

So what could have caused such an anomaly?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That is very strange behaviour...

I assume you are looking at overall values. Have you tried looking to see if specific pages are causing more issues than others (to see if there is a pattern or issue in specific areas of your site)?

Just a thought... is it possible that you haven't added your own site's domain to your internal domains... so that every time someone navigates to another page of your site they are being treated like an exit?

Without seeing the data or the site it's hard to diagnose... If I think of anything else I will let you know.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That is very strange behaviour...

I assume you are looking at overall values. Have you tried looking to see if specific pages are causing more issues than others (to see if there is a pattern or issue in specific areas of your site)?

Just a thought... is it possible that you haven't added your own site's domain to your internal domains... so that every time someone navigates to another page of your site they are being treated like an exit?

Without seeing the data or the site it's hard to diagnose... If I think of anything else I will let you know.