Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

IP filtered data

Level 1

Hi All, Can someone help with my question below:

How can I get the count of the IP addresses that are filtered by the IP address filters in adobe analytics?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to do a transition from the IP filter to IP capture. Once the IP is captured along with other variables, you can set a Virtual Report Suite to continue working with the data set excluding the IP addresses you previously filtered.

Having IP as a dimension you can build a segment to get the report you are looking for.

Note that IP may belong to PII depending on where your company operates. I would advise to contact your Legal team first if you decide to try to store IP in Adobe Analytics.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I am afraid, it's not possible. But why do you want to know it?

Level 1

Hi Andrey, Thanks for the response. I wanted to see the conversions that are getting filtered out of reporting due to IP address filters so that I can QC the implementation of the filter itself.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to do a transition from the IP filter to IP capture. Once the IP is captured along with other variables, you can set a Virtual Report Suite to continue working with the data set excluding the IP addresses you previously filtered.

Having IP as a dimension you can build a segment to get the report you are looking for.

Note that IP may belong to PII depending on where your company operates. I would advise to contact your Legal team first if you decide to try to store IP in Adobe Analytics.