Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to View Middle Channel (First Touch -> Middle Touches -> Last Touch) Interactions in Adobe Analytics

Level 1

How to capture Middle Channels (First Touch -> Middle Touches -> Last Touch) Interactions in Adobe Analytics  

eg: currently we can see first touch and last touch in adobe analytics, how to get information of channels which used by customer in between first and last touch.

Paid Search (First)->Email->Direct->Display (Last)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I'm sure there are other advanced methods for getting the "middle interactions", but I found the CrossVisitParticipation plugin worked nicely for us. Adobe likes you to get professional services to help with implementation, but in my opinion you can do it yourself if you set it up carefully.   You'll find several articles and blog posts about this plugin, and there's a knowledgebase article or two about it, plus some entries on this forum as well.  I use the resulting reports along side Marketing Channels reports to get a good (but extremely granular) look at customer journeys.

Please let us know the outcome of your efforts...!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

I'm sure there are other advanced methods for getting the "middle interactions", but I found the CrossVisitParticipation plugin worked nicely for us. Adobe likes you to get professional services to help with implementation, but in my opinion you can do it yourself if you set it up carefully.   You'll find several articles and blog posts about this plugin, and there's a knowledgebase article or two about it, plus some entries on this forum as well.  I use the resulting reports along side Marketing Channels reports to get a good (but extremely granular) look at customer journeys.

Please let us know the outcome of your efforts...!

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below link to know the Marketing Channel reports available:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mchannel/c_overview.html

Thanks!

Level 1

Yes, I gone though with detail, but only First Touch and Last Touch information is there. wanted to know how to track middle channel interactions?

Employee

The CrossVisitParticipation is one option that does allow multiple touch views, but it is important to keep in mind the campaign report results will vary quite a bit compared to the Marketing Channel reports. If your organization is after 'one unified version of the truth' for campaign reporting it can be tricky handling two campaign reporting systems that logically won't be in alignment. The most sophisticated marketing channel attribution analysis can be down in Adobe Analytics Premium - now DataWorkbench (formerly called Insight).

Brent Dykes at Adobe hosted a webinar with good info on Marketing Channels and he outlines comparisons to other methods of campaign tracking: 

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply. 

Commerce events are only applied in first/last touch. There would be no credits for middle channels though they receive instances. So if you see instances and no revenue for a channel it is for middle channel.

Thanks!