Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How can I see if people in an AB test (using Target) came back the following week after seeing the test?

Level 2

How can I see if people in an AB test (using Target) came back the following week after seeing the test?

I would like to determine the stickyness of an AB test.  I want to know if people from group A are more likely to return to our site after as specific number of days compared to group B.  

Any ideas on how to do this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here's one example of a sequential segment. The drawback with sequential segments is that you can't specify the exact date range of the sequence, e.g. you can't specify 18-22 April.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.28.33 AM.png

So the next best thing could be to add the individual days by yourself, though the drawback here is that if you want to analyse another date range, then you need to update the segment accordingly.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.28.15 AM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Segments can help with that, using the Target-related dimensions in your segment's condition(s).

Level 2

Hi, I am going to need a little more hand holding than that.

I currently use Target-related dimensions in my workspace.  But, how can I see if they came back after a certain number days? 

Here is what I am looking for as an example:

Test Date - April 4-7
Test group A: 

- 1,000 total users in A.  (400 new users and 600 existing users)

- How many of the group A 1,000 users came back to my site between April 18-22? 

- How many of the 400 net new guest came back April 18-22? How many of the 600 existing users came back between April 18-22?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here's one example of a sequential segment. The drawback with sequential segments is that you can't specify the exact date range of the sequence, e.g. you can't specify 18-22 April.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.28.33 AM.png

So the next best thing could be to add the individual days by yourself, though the drawback here is that if you want to analyse another date range, then you need to update the segment accordingly.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.28.15 AM.png

Level 2

This is SUPER helpful!  Thank you for that info!