Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

How adobe analytics latest releases works on cloud?

Level 3

Every now and then adobe releases some new features, defect fixes to their products. Since adobe analytics is Saas based tool and operates on cloud, we would like to know how, where and when does those features/defects gets rolled out into production for our organisation's workspace? Do we need to do something at our end to reflect those changes or those will be automatically reflected?

There are some New features, fixes showing into their latest release notes 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/release-notes/latest.html?lang=en

Please suggest!!

1 Reply

Community Advisor
  1. If you're using the direct JavaScript implementation with AppMeasurement.js, then the rollout happens only when you update the base AppMeasurement.js library in your website. (You can get the latest base AppMeasurement.js library from your Adobe Analytics admin.) So if you don't deploy that updated AppMeasurement.js library, then your Analytics implementation will still be on whatever version had been deployed previously.
  2. If you're using AEP Data Collection Tags (a.k.a. Adobe Launch) as your tag management solution and you're using the Adobe Analytics extension and you've selected the "Manage my library for me" setting, then the Analytics version updates get "rolled out" when there is an update available for that extension and you publish that update. So, if you don't publish the update, then your Analytics implementation will still be on whatever version had been published to "live" previously.
  3. If you're using AEP Data Collection Tags (a.k.a. Adobe Launch) as your tag management solution and you're using the Adobe Analytics extension but you've selected the "Use the library already installed on the page", then you're in the same situation as #1.
  4. If you're using AEP Data Collection Tags (a.k.a. Adobe Launch) as your tag management solution and you're using the Adobe Analytics extension but you've selected the "Load the library from a custom URL", then your rollout depends on whether the AppMeasurement.js at that custom URL gets updated by whoever is managing that URL.
  5. If you're using AEP Data Collection Tags (a.k.a. Adobe Launch) as your tag management solution and you're using the Adobe Analytics extension but you've selected the "Let me provide custom library code", then you're in the same situation as #1, except your AppMeasurement.js library will be inside the Analytics' extension. (You should see a button to edit the custom code for this library.) So if you don't change that custom library code, then your Analytics implementation will still be on whatever version has been used in that custom library code.

Hope that helps!