Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Flow diagram issue

Level 2

When I use the flow diagram, I tried putting page name and the url in the middle checkpoint and study the flow. However, the highest visit of the next page AND previous page are usually the exact same page that I put in the middle check point.

It usually has more than 30% of the traffic. I don't think people "reload" the page that often. Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you very much

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello,

Also, kindly check the 'Reloads' metric for the page. If the 'Reloads' are more, it is due to the following cases:

1. Links pointing to the same page.

2. More than 1 Server Call/Duplication.

3. Any server logic to reload the page within specified time period (Usually for the cases in Post Login Environment).

4. Some JavaScript action on the page firing Page Views rather than Custom Links (Check the implementation).

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Oscar,

Could you please share a screenshot of the report. It'd help better understand the data you are looking at.

Thanks.

Level 2

Flow.png
Sorry that I have to remove all numbers in the image. But you can see the highlighted page (in yellow) are the same pages. The in and out traffic occupies exactly 18.1% I don't think there are same amount of users refresh the page twice. May I know what may cause this?

thank you very much.

Employee

Thank you.

This type of data indicates that more than 1 server call is being triggered for this page for some reason. It could be related to implementation or some sort of re-direct.

Please audit the page and it's implementation from this perspective.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello,

Also, kindly check the 'Reloads' metric for the page. If the 'Reloads' are more, it is due to the following cases:

1. Links pointing to the same page.

2. More than 1 Server Call/Duplication.

3. Any server logic to reload the page within specified time period (Usually for the cases in Post Login Environment).

4. Some JavaScript action on the page firing Page Views rather than Custom Links (Check the implementation).

Thank You!

Arun

Level 2

Thank you very much AbhijeetKMishra

Level 2

Thank you very much PratheepArunRaj. Ya. Will definitely check that.