Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Filtering Internal Traffic on Rollup

Level 6

I'd like to filter my internal traffic on a Rollup suite and leave my site's actual reporting suite without exclusions. Has anyone tried this and/or what observations do you have?  

How long does it take for these filters to take effect or are they immediate?   Such as if I need to add or remove IPs I want to exclude.

On this same topic, is the visitor's IP address available to s_code so that I can capture it and store it as an evar, traffic var?  I noticed that Processing Rules can take actions on traffic from recognized IPs.

Thanks for any info/ideas!

MitchellT

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Mitchell,

You can actually set IP address to a variable via processing rule, so you don't even need to bother getting it into s_code.

I've recently pulled all internal IP exclusions out of our report suites, and have instead created an "internal IP address" segment that strips out those visits post-capture. For an additional level of nerdiness, I created a "visitOR" exclusion segment based on internal IPs, so I could also strip out visits from any employees who brought their computers home / accessed from the road, etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

[img]ip.PNG[/img]

here's the screenshot. Easy as that...

Correct answer by
Level 4

Mitchell,

You can actually set IP address to a variable via processing rule, so you don't even need to bother getting it into s_code.

I've recently pulled all internal IP exclusions out of our report suites, and have instead created an "internal IP address" segment that strips out those visits post-capture. For an additional level of nerdiness, I created a "visitOR" exclusion segment based on internal IPs, so I could also strip out visits from any employees who brought their computers home / accessed from the road, etc.

Level 3
This is brilliant - sorry for the late reply but we are encountering this issue. I am a novice when it comes to configuration, but how do you go about adding internal IP addresses to a segment?

Level 6

Awesome, thanks! 

(somehow my recent reply requesting the screenshot was duplicated, and when I tried to delete one copy, both vanished)

Thank you for the info.  As a matter of curiousity, was there a reason you didn't like the IP exclusion method either?