Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Event List Clickstream Data

Level 1

I am looking to validate Adobe clickstream data in our company's data warehouse. I am looking to match the number of visits with a "Cart Add" event between the offline data and the report suite. 

After reviewing the documentation, I realized that I needed to set-up the query to parse out the different events and look for visits with "12". However, the number of visits I am seeing in the clickstream data relative to the report is very different (40%). All other queries and metrics I have run are matching correctly.

Does anyone know why there would be a discrepancy?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @jeremyappelbaum ,

You are correct, event id 12 corresponds to 'Cart Add' event. 

Please consider post_event_list column to check for the events that is to be reflected in the reports. Additionally, also check if the hits are getting excluded from reporting for any reason. Exclusion reasons can be checked using exclude_hit column.

post_<column name>: Contains the value ultimately used in reports. Each post column is populated after server-side logic, processing rules, and VISTA rules. Adobe recommends using post columns in most cases of analysis using data feed.

Source: Data feed column reference 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @jeremyappelbaum ,

You are correct, event id 12 corresponds to 'Cart Add' event. 

Please consider post_event_list column to check for the events that is to be reflected in the reports. Additionally, also check if the hits are getting excluded from reporting for any reason. Exclusion reasons can be checked using exclude_hit column.

post_<column name>: Contains the value ultimately used in reports. Each post column is populated after server-side logic, processing rules, and VISTA rules. Adobe recommends using post columns in most cases of analysis using data feed.

Source: Data feed column reference 

Level 1

Hi @nilotpal -

Unfortunately the "post_event_list" column is not available in my dataset but I will look into that with our data team. Additionally, I don't believe this is an issue with the exclude_hit because the # of visits I am seeing in the data is much lower than the Adobe report (12M vs. 20M). If anything, I am missing out on visits in the offline data. 

Thanks!